Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nothing Is Coming To Mind

I've been waiting for something very insightful or witty to come to mind before I decided to write again. Unfortunately, two weeks since my last post, nothing has come to mind.

I made an interesting comparison this weekend that really made me re-think the town I live in. Last weekend, as I was running along the Chicago lake front, I was among thousands of runners and bicyclists. Everyone was extremely friendly and out early getting their morning exercise to start out the weekend. Young, old, and four legged alike, all types of people we're enjoying the summer sun and lake front breeze. This weekend, back in Sioux City, my run was relatively simple. It was a step back week so I had to only run 7 miles (only 7 miles?, haven't been able to say that in a while). I decided instead of getting on a trail, I would run down town and back along the major thorough-fairs of Sioux City, hoping to pass some fellow joggers along the way. Guess how many people I passed?? 6! On a beautiful, sunny, and generally cool Saturday for this time in July, it's a little disheartening to only pass 4 people along the roads. What does that say about where I live or the people that live here? I understand that Chicago is much bigger than my small home in Northwest Iowa, but I hoped that there would be more people out on the same mission I was--exercise!

Anyways, no reason to complain. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect morning to go for a run. Too another issue, I am currently debating the issue of I-pod or no I-pod for the marathon that is still more than 2 months away. Any suggestions? Right now, I'm leaning towards no Ipod. That's all I have this week. Nothing to insightful or deep. Hopefully I'll be inspired later this week to post something with a little more meaning. 2 months and 23 days left to go!!

Oh and other than running, we passed another mile stone this weekend. It's now been 2 months since my mother passed away. Wow, where does the time go! Miss you and love you Mom.

Keep Supporting Team Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment